Reclaimed Heart Pine - Character
Character. It can mean many things. In the case of our reclaimed heart pine character grade it means all the good things about the word starting with dependable. Up unitl about the 18th century heart pine forests covered roughly 30-60 million acres from southern Virginia all the way to Texas. This amazing tree grew and grows at a rate of one inch every 30 years and can live to an astounding 500 years. Combining abundance with its reliability as a building material led to a steady deforestation since the colonial era. We carry on the distinguished legacy of this beautiful tree with our reclaimed and repurposed character grade heart pine. This floor is a perfect homage to both the natural history of our country and the industrial boom of the 18th and 19th century. Rich sunset ambers mix with all the hallmarks of a wood living a second and third life such as knots and nail holes any interior will be warmed and made more vibrant with this reclaimed choice. Available in both engineered and solid wood options.
Details & Specifications
- Thickness: 1/2" or 3/4" Solid, 5/8" or 3/4" Engineered
- Widths: Single Widths OR Random Widths 3"-6", 4"-7", 4"-8", 5"-8", 6"-9", 6"-10"
- Lengths: 2' to 12'
- Finish: Unfinished or Prefinished (Natural Oil OR Matte/Satin Urethane)
- Janka Hardness: 870 - 690 (MEDIUM HARDNESS)
- Best Value: 3"-6"
- Character: Knots (can be starburst/fractured), nail/bolt holes, insect mark, open void, sound crack/check