Reclaimed Chestnut - Distressed
The blight of the early 20th century gifted us these reclaimed chestnut floors and they have a color range not found in any other of our offerings. Ranging from sparkling golden yellows to earthy warm chocolate browns our reclaimed chestnut distressed grade has a unique look and feel. Cut from the outer edges of the repurposed joists and weathered boards, these floors are darker and have a more rustic touch than our remilled grade. You will see the classic saw marks unique to reclaimed wood as well as lots of varied knot content and remnant insect marks setting up your interior for a stunning look. Live life to fullest on these floors as the rustic character and quality will only improve with time. Available in both engineered and solid options.
Details & Specifications
- Thickness: 1/2" or 3/4" Solid, 5/8" or 3/4" Engineered
- Widths: Single Widths OR Random Widths 3"-6", 4"-7", 4"-8", 5"-8", 6"-9", 6"-10"
- Lengths: 2' to 12'
- Finish: Unfinished or Prefinished (Natural Oil OR Matte/Satin Urethane)
- Janka Hardness: 540 (MINIMAL HARDNESS)
- Best Value: 3"-6"
- Character: Knots (can be starburst/fractured), nail/bolt holes, insect mark, open void, sound crack/check, original remnant saw mark