Reclaimed Chestnut - Remilled
Blight. The very word conjures images of the death of nature and that is exactly what happened in the early 20th century to the Chestnut tree. A seemingly harmless arrival of plants from Japanese nursery stock began a wholesale eradication of the once mighty Chestnut in America. But as nature often does it provided a benefit where there seemed only decay, wood that could reclaimed and repurposed. Our Reclaimed Chestnut - Remilled Grade comes from deeper within the beams and boards we reclaim. This gives it a lighter and cleaner overall look. Knots and remnant insect mark give just the right touch of history and character to this floor. Available in both engineered and solid wood options.
Details & Specifications
- Thickness: 1/2" or 3/4" Solid, 5/8" or 3/4" Engineered
- Widths: Single Widths OR Random Widths 3"-6", 4"-7", 4"-8", 5"-8", 6"-9", 6"-10"
- Lengths: 2' to 12'
- Finish: Unfinished or Prefinished (Natural Oil OR Matte/Satin Urethane)
- Janka Hardness: 540 (MINIMAL HARDNESS)
- Best Value: 3"-6"
- Character: Knots (can be starburst/fractured), nail/bolt holes, insect mark, open void, sound crack/check