New Cherry - Character
Did our founding father Mr. Washington really cut down that cherry tree? Probably not but it is easy to understand why he wanted that cherry wood! Native to the northeast the black cherry tree is an especially aggressive tree that once those seeds hit the ground they get to work growing what will become your amazing flooring. Our new cherry character grade flooring takes the furniture maker's favorite choice and turns it into a colorful addition to your interior. You will see beautiful variations in color from the vanilla cream sap wood to the absolutely stunning and unmistakable cherry color. As time passes this floor will slowly be busy oxidizing and absorbing all the light it can leading it to an eventual darkening down to a brilliant soul warming amber color. Available in both engineered and solid wood options.
Details & Specifications
- Thickness: 1/2" or 3/4" Solid, 5/8" or 3/4" Engineered
- Widths: Single Widths OR Random Widths 3"-6", 4"-7", 4"-8", 5"-8", 6"-9", 6"-10"
- Lengths: 2' to 12'
- Finish: Unfinished or Prefinished (Natural Oil OR Matte/Satin Urethane)
- Janka Hardness: 950 (MINIMAL TO MEDIUM HARDNESS)
- Best Value: 3"-6"
- Character: Knots (can be starburst/fractured), insect mark, open void, sound crack/check